Le port Thunderbolt 3 est déjà disponible sur la gamme de PC chez Dell, toujours dans l'attente des annonces d'Apple sur le sujet peut-être cet été avec les annonces du WWDC2016. Le process définitif de certification Thunderbolt 3 est actuellement en cours chez Intel et les livraisons ne devraient démarrer que cet été.
- Promise Technology Inc., a leading rich media storage technology provider, is previewing exciting new solutions. On display are products built around the recently released Thunderbolt 3 interface addressing the many Windows-based workstations and notebooks already shipping with Thunderbolt 3 ports. Promise is also providing demonstrations of the new VTrak E5000 16G Fiber Channel storage array bringing blazing speed to the entire rich media workflow from ingest and editing to delivery and long term archiving.
- Promise's Pegasus3 Series with Thunderbolt 3 technology delivers blistering performance speeds for creative professionals working with high resolution video and rich media content. At 40 Gbps, Thunderbolt 3 provides for twice the bandwidth of its predecessor, Thunderbolt 2. To take full advantage of this bandwidth, Promise's new Pegasus3 line will be available in 4-bay, 6-bay, and 8-bay configurations. In its third generation, the Pegasus line has been the first choice for direct-attached storage for media professionals requiring reliable, fast connectivity with their workstations. The Pegasus3 R4, R6, and R8 models have two Thunderbolt 3 ports to allow for the daisy chaining of other peripherals using Thunderbolt 3. A DisplayPort connection has been added, offering the convenience of hooking up a display monitor without having to obtain a breakout device.
- In order to use a Thunderbolt 3 storage system or bridge adapter, a Thunderbolt 3-enabled laptop or workstation is required, as they are not compatible with earlier Thunderbolt 2 models. Promise has begun the certification process for the Pegasus 3 and SANLink 3 models, and the expected delivery is the beginning of summer 2016. Promise will continue to provide the Thunderbolt 2-based solutions for users with Thunderbolt 2 laptops and workstations.
- "We have always prided ourselves on being the first to provide RAID storage and interface adapters based on the very latest Thunderbolt technologies," noted Vijay Char, president, Promise Technology USA. "Once again, we are leading the charge and paving the way forward for our valued customers looking for Thunderbolt 3. And, with Thunderbolt 3-enabled Windows workstations and laptops already entering the market, our timing could not be better."
- Pegasus3 will be available in 4-bay, 6-bay, and 8-bay hard drive configurations.
- Thunderbolt 3 enabled for up to 40 Gbps throughput.
- Dual ports for daisy-chaining with other peripherals.
- Added DisplayPort for video display breakout.
Promise will also be introducing versions of its SANLink line-up with the SANLink3 16G Fiber Channel interface and the SANLink3 NBASE-T Ethernet interface. These two Thunderbolt 3 interfaces will allow blazing fast data speeds to be realized from Thunderbolt 3-enabled workstations and laptops. The SANLink3 models allow for interfacing Thunderbolt 3 into an Ethernet or Fibre Channel infrastructure. The bus-powered SANLink3 T1 model interfaces with a single Thunderbolt 3 port to a single NBASE-T Ethernet port, supporting 2.5, 5 or 10Gbps speeds. This model is even more compact and is completely powered by the increased bus power provided for with the Thunderbolt 3 protocol. The SANLink3 16G FC interfaces with two Thunderbolt 3 ports to two Fiber Channel ports, all in a compact design.
- SANLink3 16G Fibre Channel bridge adapter with dual ports.
- SANLink3 NBASE-T1 single port Ethernet bridge adapter using bus power from Thunderbolt 3.
- Thunderbolt 3 enabled for up to 40 Gbps throug
|< Précédent||Suivant >|